7 Simple Tips to Walk Off Fat Faster
Submitted by Ana Caban on December 24, 2016 - 10:14 am
Keep your metabolism roaring this holiday season with these 7 simple tips:
- ¡Párate derecho! Stand up Straight! – When your body is in proper alignment your body, (especially your back and buttocks), have more strength, so you can walk faster and burn more calories. Stand up straight, with your ears and shoulders aligned over your hips and walk, walk, walk.
- ¡Muéve los brazos! Move your arms! – Maintain your arms at 90-degree angles and pump them vigorously. Not only will you burn more calories, you will also keep your shoulders, the most complicated joint in the body, lubricated and healthy.
- ¡Pasito a pasito! Take smaller steps! – Taking smaller, quicker steps will actually boost your burn. Try timing yourself walking 100 steps, then recover for one minute. Take another 100 steps, trying to cut off five seconds from your time. Repeat 10x.
- ¡Usa el asfalto! Use the pavement! Want to work your calves, hamstrings and glutes? Roll through your feet, from heel to ball. When you get to the ball of your foot push off, as if you were cleaning the sole of your shoe. The more muscles you use, the more calories you burn.
- ¡Levanta el latido del corazón! Raise your heart rate! – Wearing a heart rate monitor can keep you working at your optimal fat-burning pace. It’s like having your own coach.
- ¡Haz metas que se ven! Set goals that you can see! – Choose markers like park benches and stop signs and speed up until you reach them. Then slow down for the same distance.
- ¡Aumenta la fuerza! Add strength! – The more muscles you use the more calories you burn. Add some simple strength moves, like lunges, squats and push-ups, for más burn. While you’re walking stop every five minutes and do one minute of strength moves. This will not only help your boost your metabolism when you exercise but also long term, like when you sleep. How great is that?