Terrífico Tuesday- Tips and Tricks to Getting & Staying Trim
Submitted by admin on April 13, 2010 - 10:30 am
Yesterday I was thinking about the tips and tricks that I used to stay fit and I thought that I’d share some of them with you.
- Burn more calories than you ingest. (In other words, workout! Cardio is the best way to burn your fat reserves. So kick up the cardio!)
- As a general rule, stick to eating lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Avoid processed and packaged foods.
- Drink lots of water. (You should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces each day, more so if you are doing a lot of exercise. For example: a 150 pound person should drink 75 ounces of water daily = about 9 glasses of water).
- Limit your alcohol intake. Cocktails are usually loaded with calories and have no nutritional value.
- Limit the snack food in your house. Fresh fruit, sliced veggies & salsa (not fatty dip), nuts, reduced fat cheese and things like this are better choices than packaged items that: #1 could live on a shelf for longer than you would like to know, #2 contain ingredients that your body cannot digest.
- Plan your meals and snacks for the week and make a weekly trip to the supermarket. (Don’t forget to do this! If you do, you’ll end up grabbing things, “on the go”. These are usually the items that are packed with sodium, sugar and fat).
- Before you eat anything ask yourself this question, “Will this food build me up or tear me down?”
- Your body is your temple. Treat it accordingly.