Submitted by Ana Caban on January 26, 2014 - 7:19 pm
A few months back I was asked by Latina magazine to share 5 simple ways to incorporate more fitness into a daily routine. Here’s what I shared:
1. ¡Horario, Baby! Schedule it! Give your workouts (and your health) as much importance as your other life events. (They’re probably even more important, in the scheme of things, because if you’re not healthy you’re of no good to anyone else, either.) Only YOU can set aside time for you. So set some time aside and exercise!
2. ¡Disfrútate! Have fun! Make it fun by joining a friend. Instead of cocktails take a walk together. Women thrive in a community.
3. ¡Camina, Chica! Walk, Girl! Park father from your destination and walk (to work, the mall, etc).
4. ¡Sube! Take the stairs, (or park farther from your destination), whenever possible.
5. ¡Pon to smartphone a trabajar! Make your smartphone work for you! Join an online workout program that you can access from any device, including your smartphone. Learn more about my new online program here!
Submitted by Ana Caban on May 22, 2013 - 3:17 pm
May has been an action-filled month. And I’m thrilled to have been quoted in Latina magazine, sharing my tips for losing your “chichos” (love handles). Check out my tips, and more, right here!
Submitted by Ana Caban on February 14, 2013 - 3:53 pm
Happy Valentine’s Day! Just a quick video message for you.
Click Here to watch! Wishing you a wonderful day.
Submitted by Ana Caban on September 8, 2011 - 11:09 pm
It’s a Dogs’s Life! Enjoy a stroll to the dog park with your furry friend and quema (burn) 30 calorías in 10 minutos. While he plays do 5 minutos of jumping jacks and burn 40 calories. Hoof it back to your crib and you’ll burn the other 30.
Play them off! With the new Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge from VBox Live ($4; Xbox.com) you can go cabeza-a-cabeza against a virtual treat, and burn off the item’s calorías (100-plus for the Super Soda avatar, for example). Enjoy activities such as running or boxing.
Jump like a kid! Did you know that jumping on a trampoline not only tones your legs, butt and abs but also burns 100 calorías in only 27 minutos. And, it’s super fun, of course! So go ahead, be silly and jump around!
Be a tourist! Climb the steps of the Great Wall of China (or any ancient ruin) and burn 100 calorías in only 14 minutos. No ruin in sight? Hit your local museum, where you can quemar the same number of calorías absorbing the art for 37 minutos.
Meet a pal on the mat! Join a friend in a local park for a mini-workout. Start with 5 minutes of jogging (30 calorías) then have her hold your feet for 5 minutos of ab-work (40 calorías). Finish up with 3 minutos of lunges (30 calorías). You had fun and you’re done!
These are just a few ways to get your body moving and up your metabolism. Curious what your waking day metabolic profile is (how much energy you expend in YOUR day)? Stay tuned for my NEW Metabolic Profiling Program! Coming soon!
Submitted by Ana Caban on July 12, 2011 - 7:09 pm
Today has been a busy one, but I managed to squeeze in a Pilates group equipment class, How about you? What have you done o move your body today?
Need inspiration? Shake it like Shakira with my Cardio Latino Interval Training workout. Click Here to check it out! Use Coupon Code EXERCISE and get $3 off. (Offer expires 7/14/11).
Click Here to see today’s video!