Submitted by Ana Caban on December 24, 2016 - 10:14 am
Keep your metabolism roaring this holiday season with these 7 simple tips:
- ¡Párate derecho! Stand up Straight! – When your body is in proper alignment your body, (especially your back and buttocks), have more strength, so you can walk faster and burn more calories. Stand up straight, with your ears and shoulders aligned over your hips and walk, walk, walk.
- ¡Muéve los brazos! Move your arms! – Maintain your arms at 90-degree angles and pump them vigorously. Not only will you burn more calories, you will also keep your shoulders, the most complicated joint in the body, lubricated and healthy.
- ¡Pasito a pasito! Take smaller steps! – Taking smaller, quicker steps will actually boost your burn. Try timing yourself walking 100 steps, then recover for one minute. Take another 100 steps, trying to cut off five seconds from your time. Repeat 10x.
- ¡Usa el asfalto! Use the pavement! Want to work your calves, hamstrings and glutes? Roll through your feet, from heel to ball. When you get to the ball of your foot push off, as if you were cleaning the sole of your shoe. The more muscles you use, the more calories you burn.
- ¡Levanta el latido del corazón! Raise your heart rate! – Wearing a heart rate monitor can keep you working at your optimal fat-burning pace. It’s like having your own coach.
- ¡Haz metas que se ven! Set goals that you can see! – Choose markers like park benches and stop signs and speed up until you reach them. Then slow down for the same distance.
- ¡Aumenta la fuerza! Add strength! – The more muscles you use the more calories you burn. Add some simple strength moves, like lunges, squats and push-ups, for más burn. While you’re walking stop every five minutes and do one minute of strength moves. This will not only help your boost your metabolism when you exercise but also long term, like when you sleep. How great is that?
Submitted by Ana Caban on January 3, 2013 - 8:34 pm
¡Próspero año nuevo! (Happy New Year!)
It’s 2013 and let’s get this year started with a BANG!
MY 2013 resolution/mission, you ask? Getting you into your BEST SHAPE EVER!
My plan? Offering you my newest full-length workouts WHEREVER YOU ARE!
As you know, I joined forces with SpiroFIT.com so that you can work out with me from home or on the road using your phone, tablet, computer, or TV. And, I’ll be adding new workouts almost every week to keep your body challenged and you motivated. Oh, did I mention that there are eight other world-renowned trainers on the SpiroFIT team that you can train with? You can train with MY trainer, Stephanie Vitorino, along with 7 other TOP trainers. Plus, as a loyal fan of mine, you can sign up with one of my promo codes for less than 50 cents a day! Together, let’s make 2013 the healthiest year ever!
Join SpiroFit.com and see why it is included in one of the “13 Fitness Trends to watch for in 2013”, according to Shape.com!
Learn More about SpiroFIT:
Monthly for $15.95: ac1587
6-month for $89.95: anac6mo
What are you waiting for? Visit www.SpiroFIT.com and join me NOW!
Submitted by Ana Caban on July 16, 2011 - 2:11 pm
Ok, so día 5 of my 30 in 30 Challenge was a busy one. My son woke up sick, so I didn’t get my usual morning workout in. Instead, after a doctor’s appointment and a run to the pharmacy I was able to (kind of) do the Crunch Cardio Salsa workout DVD. I say “kind of” because as I danced around my son tried to walk through my legs, (he’s obsessed with “tunnels” these days). Anyway, I certainly did move my body.
How about you? How is the Challenge going for you and what did YOU do today to move your body and inspire others to do so?
Click Here to check out the crunch Cardio Salsa Workout DVD.
Submitted by Ana Caban on July 12, 2011 - 7:09 pm
Today has been a busy one, but I managed to squeeze in a Pilates group equipment class, How about you? What have you done o move your body today?
Need inspiration? Shake it like Shakira with my Cardio Latino Interval Training workout. Click Here to check it out! Use Coupon Code EXERCISE and get $3 off. (Offer expires 7/14/11).
Click Here to see today’s video!
Submitted by Ana Caban on July 11, 2011 - 8:00 am
Ok amigas, my “30 in 30” Challenge is BACK! Most of you now that last December 1st I committed to doing some sort of exercise each day, for 30 days. I called it my “30 in 30 Challenge“. My hope was to start the new year off in great shape, (i.e. without putting on any holiday weight) and feeling great. Well, the Challenge went great. People from all over the world joined me, followed my progress online and shared their progress with me. It was awesome! (You know, if you joined me or at least followed along).
Fast forward 7 months and my “30 in 30″Challenge is back. On August 12th, 2011 I’m hosting a HUGE party in downtown L.A. My goal? To look fabulous in my custom-made dress. (Yes, I am having a dress MADE for this party. Stay tuned for more on the dress in the near future). Anyway, I want to look great in my new dress, and as the host of this slammin’ party. So, I decided to do the Challenge, again. That being said, I’d like to invite YOU to join ME beginning Monday, July 11th (or whenever you read this).
The good news? I’m not planning on (nor asking you to) run 10 miles a day. On the contrary, I just plan on doing SOMETHING each day. Sure, on somedays I will jog on others I may just do some Pilates, Yoga, or squats and lunges. The goal? To move my body, look and feel great!
Click Here to watch my original 30 in 30 video.
I hope that you’ll join me for my “30 in 30” Challenge. Click Here to get your FREE workout log.
P.S. July has 31 days, which means we do get “a day off”. 🙂