Buen Sabor – The Beach Body Appetizer
Submitted by admin on May 27, 2009 - 2:00 pm
We are all getting ready for our summer bods so I found an appetizer/snack that’s easy to prepare, tasty and perfect for those beach body diets. This non-starchy veggie dish will help you on your quest as it’s high-in-fiber and filled with nutrients. If you don’t like any of the veggies, you can also use asparagus, peppers, broccoli, leafy greens, spaghetti squash, mushrooms, and okra.
* 2 red onions, peeled (about 1 pound)
* 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 sprigs fresh thyme
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
* 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
* 2 pounds green beans, trimmed, steamed, and chilled
Preparation time: 30mins
For instructions, click here.